- Japanese gymnast Kohei Uchimura (three-time world champ) has some really hairy armpits:
Or maybe it’s just that his hair is so dark.
- These are the 30th Summer Olympics, so naturally NBC lists their coverage as “XXX Summer Olympics.”
I can’t be the only one who finds that amusing. Did nobody think maybe to skip the Roman numerals this one time?
- The Dutch field hockey team is being called “the best looking team in the games.”
Oh, those wacky Dutch. Betcha this turns out to be some kind of marketing scheme.
- Those of you who didn’t look up to watch “Queen Elizabeth” skydiving for fear of looking up her dress…you needn’t have worried:
God save the queen. And get her a razor for her five o’clock shadow.
The stuntperson who was featured during that showstopping moment in Friday night’s Opening Ceremony when Queen Elizabeth jumped out of a helicopter with James Bond was a better actor than you ever knew. A closer look reveals it was a man dressed as the queen and pulling the cord on the parachute.
- And, finally, the Olympic Picture of the Day:
That’s Matiss Burgis, from Latvia, who does not appear to be keeping his eye on the ball.